Yet Another Year Has Passed
And in that year playing around with different game engines have been fun. UE4 has been the main toy around here. In 2018 the focus will be on UE4 as the main production tool as I find that to be the best of two worlds. The world of open source(UE4 is not open source but do offer source code access if needed and not cost up front) and the world of commercial products(UE4 is a commercial product). Well buckle up for some hard work and lots of naysayer along the way. 😀 😀 😀 😀
So now it is time to do one thing only at a time and do it damn well and not trying to please everyone.
Here we come!
The Packt site I have used for some time to buy/read good books and watch videos about many IT related topics. Some would say that everything can be found for free online and to some degree that is true but the books on Packt is more in dept. One can even for a very low cost get access to all of it plus Mapt an online skill trainer that map your progress so you get a clear focus along the way. Everything from simple introductions to advanced topics can be found on Packt. The best part is that the knowledge is not hidden below a huge pile of useless links in a search engine. You get right down to the bone at once. You need to get up to date with something and then you search on it and if it is in the library you can start read it using the awesome Ereader or watch the video material. It is a very fast way to skill up and even for a very low price. Of course that website does not substitute the needs for self pacing or learning by yourself, which is a whole other topic 😉 In the 21st century we have all knowledge just at our screens with a few clicks and very small fees.
A real good website for getting new skills and knowledge.
Udemy has shown to be a great source for knowledge lately. So much that I would say I would fear being without all that great knowledge one can get from the site. Many of the videos have been of high quality so far. Need to learn about a new tool? Look no further Udemy has it. Even the Udemy blog is rather interesting to read now and then. However, it does not substitute the need for self pacing. All in all those online knowledge websites hav made the trip to a bookstore, online webstore or even an educational center a whole lot less needed for people who know how to self pace and learn by themselves or in small teams. In the 21st century we have all knowledge just at our screens with a few clicks and very small fees.
Expanding Our Business
As from the 20 of February Noble Games Production also offers web development services and other IT services. Noble Games Production is producing a computer game but has also been ask to develop web solutions by clients. We have decide to accept such offers in 2017 and as such it is a natural expansion of our software business.
The future is bright indeed 🙂
Are We Still in Business?
The year is 2017 and not much news has been slipped through here. Only a few tweets on twitter. Now what is happening around here? Well 2016 was the year where many new things happen. Stuff had to be dealt with. New prototypes were tested and new art ideas as well.
What is up for 2017? Well actually a lot is about to happen so stay tune for more info on that within this month…
Brand New Frame Work For The Game
Code Monkey’s Coffee
Our code monkey(ahem that is me) is busy coding a brand new frame work for the game. New design ideas needs to be merged with the current frame work etc. So it will take a while before any news about the game Dryadalum Mundi pops up. But it is on its way!
In meantime Coffee and food are prepared for me 🙂
Code Monkey’s Breakfast
Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional
Some time ago Noble Games Production decided to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 8.1 Pro(Desktop/Laptop) to Windows 10 Professional. I turned out to be a wise decision. The laptop was first tested and it turned out the drivers for the wireless network card did not work well the first time(the second time it worked though).
After a while the desktop was tested out and it went so well that the laptop got another chance. So what is so great about Windows 10 compared to Window 7/8?
- Cortana your little smart assistant is a big plus. You type what you want like in Win 8 but you do it in the taskbar. It even remember your typing etc. So in some sense you have a basic AI bot helping you out searching. For some the privacy can be an issue but it can be turned off for those who find it uncomfortable. It works very much like with Google Search engine’s suggestions as you type. You can even speak to Cortana through the microphone, but that has not been utilized around here 🙂
- You keep the start menu from both Win 7 and Win 8 or decide it yourself.
- You have Win Store within reach in the task-bar all the time.
- Apps from like Twitter can be installed and then you have instant messages from Twitter in you task-bar as well.
- Now all languages are supported in any Windows 10 version and not like in Windows 7 where only some versions would support menu language changes.
What else is great about Windows 10?
- It is free to upgrade within the first year for Windows 7 and 8 users.
- It has DirectX 12.
- It still supports the majority of your DX 9 programs and games(thank God for that)
- Runs most Windows 7/8 software well as it comes with the compatibility functions
- More than 200 million users already use it worldwide.
- It is damn stable.
- Mundi 3D works well on it!
Noble Games Production loves Windows 10 Professional and Microsoft. Upgrading was a good choice.
A small step for me and a big step for… eh something I guess…